Sunday 23 August 2009

Josh Zuckerman's Ashbury Park


Josh_zuckerman_1 Name: Josh Zuckerman
Profession: Singer/Songwriter/Musician
City: Asbury Park
Relationship Status: Single
Sexuality: Gay

What is the best date you ever had in this town? Why?

I had a great date at Cafe' Ole, this Spanish restaurant with nice ambient lighting and a very intimate setting. We then went to the beach and then to Paradise for a drink. It was such a magical evening because of the company I was with.

What are some of the things you love most about your city/town?

I love Asbury Park because of the artistic flair and the diversity it offers. It is extremely gay friendly and you can just be yourself. It offers a great music scene which is where I started out in the early years and continues to offer high standards of contemporary art.

Where is the best public place for a gay person to make out?

In Asbury Park, probably the beach or on the board walk.

Where are you from originally? What was the most "gay" thing about that town?

St. Louis, Missouri. The Hill in St. Louis is popular.

What are some of your least favorite things about it?

That it is still behind the times. People are not as accustomed to our community and lifestyle like here in Jersey.

Josh_zuckerman_2 What gym do you like most? Why?

I work out currently at WOW. I like it because it is affordable and there are many awesome classes to take which help keep me looking young and on the market. ;)

What are some great restaurants for a night out with gay friends there?

Market in the Middle is gay friendly, Moonstruck, The Harrison, Brick Wall.

Is there a particular best place to "people watch" that most people not familiar with your town would find helpful?

I would say the beach is the best in the summer time. Otherwise just sit outside any of the restaurants on Cookman Avenue.

What are your favorite gay bars and/or dance clubs? What do you like about them?

Georgies for gay bar, Paradise for gay club. They are family. We have supported each other since the beginning! They offer fun, excitement, great music and great men and women.

What are your favorite gay parties or events, if any? What is the crowd or scene like at those places?

In Asbury they offer groups for the GLBT community which have many events and guest speakers that come to talk about issues and support each other.

What is the gay community like in your city? Do you consider yourself to be part of any particular "scene"?

The gay community in Asbury is great! They are like family. I don't consider myself to be a part of any particular scene. I have always enjoyed all types of people.

Josh_zuckerman_3 Do gay men and lesbians hang out in the same places in your town, or is that just a ridiculous notion?!

It is generally a mix now. Where it used to be more split, I find that most of the places are both gay and lesbian.

Are you involved with any LGBT community organizations there? Which ones? What do you like about those groups?

There is Out In Jersey, Qspot. I love how the groups keep everyone updated on current events and are always looking to expand and make new friends.

Does your town have a LGBT pride celebration? Do you usually attend? What are the highlights for you? What do you like least about it?

Yes, they do. I not only attend, but I also perform at many of the events. I am hoping that I will be performing next year at Pride in Asbury! The highlights are the parade and the great musical talent that represents our community. It is a magical day!

Where do you shop for clothes?

ETC. is great on Cookman avenue for really hot t-shirts and jeans.

Where do you go for other forms of entertainment -- live theater, concerts, movies, art exhibits? Are there any local gay performance groups, bands, or artists that you're a fan of?

I love to go to NYC and see friends perform and other local musicians in Asbury perform as well. I am a fan of many local talent.

If you had gay friends visiting from out of town for the first time, what are some "musts" that you'd recommend they see or do?

Paradise in Asbury Park, Georgies, the beach and the great restaurants I mentioned before.

What city (or cities) in America would you most like to visit next, and why? Are there any specific spots there (theaters, nightclubs, historic sites, etc.) that you'd really like to see?

I just came back from LA and loved The Abby in West Hollywood. Would love to perform there one day! I have never been to Hawaii but with my career I have been fortunate to travel all around the globe.

Visit Josh's official website: www.JoshZuckerman.com

Got Love? the first singel from Josh's latest CD Got Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment