Saturday 11 July 2009

Jason Antone's Chicago

Jason_Antone_1 Name: Jason Antone
Age: not applicable
Profession: Singer/songwriter
City: Chicago
Relationship Status: currently happy
Sexuality: gay

What is the best date you ever had in this town? Why?

My boyfriend took me to Ambria the night before I graduated from college. We had 2 bottles of Cristal, a fabulous meal and I made it to the graduation with seconds to spare.

What are some of the things you love most about your city/town?

The lakefront in the summer, the seasons, and traveling in the winter when it is 0 degrees.

What are some of your least favorite things about it?

Traffic.

What gym do you like most? Why?

I like the Birkam Yoga Chicago. I love to sweat it out there. Superior Pilates. Great instructors and an awesome workout.

What are some great restaurants for a night out with gay friends there?

So many. I like Wilde on Broadway for brunch, Big Chicks for Monday night dollar burgers, Minibar for light dinner and cocktails.

What are some great restaurants for a romantic gay date? What about these restaurants appeals to you?

Yoshi's on Halsted has great food, a nice vibe and down the street from the bars if it doesn't work out.

Jason_Antone_2 Is there a particular best place to "people watch" that most people not familiar with your town would find helpful?

The lakefront has all sorts to look at. Get on your bike and go go go.

Are there any famous people from your town?

Um, yes.

What are your favorite gay bars and/or dance clubs? What do you like about them?

Minibar for an upscale evening, Sidetracks for showtunes, Charlie's for late night dancing to songs with words!

What are your favorite gay parties or events, if any? What is the crowd or scene like at those places?

Market Days is fun, friendly, and you can be low key or crazy if you so desire. Different performers to check out.

Where is the best public place for a gay person to make out?

Is there a bad place?

What is the gay community like in your city? Do you consider yourself to be part of any particular "scene"?

I am not part of a particular scene. But if you like to define yourself amongst the communities, there is something for everyone.

Do gay men and lesbians hang out in the same places in your town, or is that just a ridiculous notion?!

I always like to see a lesbian in the bars. I feel like it is male dominated, but the Closet always is friendly to the boys.

Are you involved with any LGBT community organizations there? Which ones? What do you like about those groups?

No, but now that you mention it, I am going to.

Does your town have a LGBT pride celebration? Do you usually attend? What are the highlights for you? What do you like least about it?

Yes, and I attend if in town. It's super fun. Highlights - seeing friends united. I like the politicians and agendas the least.

Jason_Antone_3 Do you have a particular fashion style? Where do you shop for clothes?

I like anything from couture to H+M. There are a lot of boutiques to choose from.

Where do you go for other forms of entertainment -- live theater, concerts, movies, art exhibits? Are there any local gay performance groups, bands, or artists that you're a fan of?

I like the Art Institute on a rainy day. Chicago is fortunate to have a lot of shows and exhibits come through the city with the restored theater district in the loop. Most artists swing through on tours and you can always find new bands and talent bubbling up all over, across every genre.

If you had gay friends visiting from out of town for the first time, what are some "musts" that you'd recommend they see or do?

Plan to come back. I'd do some Halsted for the nightlife, Andersonville for the gay owned/friendly shops and restaurants, Art Institute or Museum of Modern Art for culture, Michigan Avenue for mainstream/high end shopping, Bucktown for edgier shopping, and time to take me to dinner to Joe's Stone Crab or RL, my favorite restaurants.

What city (or cities) in America would you most like to visit next, and why? Are there any specific spots there (theaters, nightclubs, historic sites, etc.) that you'd really like to see?

I always love New York because each trip I discover something new that changes my impression of it. I'd like to do some Europe now. I want to experience other cultures, cuisine, etc.

Jason Antone's Start To Move album is now out on iTunes. For more information and tour dates, please check out www.jasonantone.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment